Hogan Brown specialises in business crime, fraud and regulatory litigation.
We have experience of advising companies and individuals across the whole spectrum of white collar criminal cases. As a matter of course we deal with prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Services Authority, HM Revenue and Customs and the Crown Prosecution Service.
In particular, over many years we have defended in cases of bribery and corruption, false accounting, tax fraud, mortgage fraud, money laundering, credit card fraud, boiler room fraud, publishing and identity fraud and all other forms of alleged fraudulent conduct.
We deal with every aspect of a criminal investigation be it a dawn raid, search warrants and production orders, interviews under caution, defending allegations of fraud, plea negotiations and advice on restraint orders and confiscation orders.
Recent and current cases in which our lawyers have acted include:
- Acting for senior managers employed by a Police authority accused of bribery and corruption;
- Advising a client in relation to a major corruption case allegedly involving Manchester City Council;
- Acting for a defendant alleged by the SFO to have defrauded Microsoft Corporation;
- Acting in several major frauds involving publishing companies;
- Acting in a large prosecution brought by the Revenue involving PAYE fraud;
- Acting in several MTIC frauds;
- Acting in an international fraud involving websites advertising escort services